New Years resolutions
We make new years resolutions every year but we sometimes stick to them and sometimes not so much. We get so caught up with work, kids, hobbies, and well we are busy.
Here are a few ideas for 2016 that may get you on track for a great 2016 year.
1. Making a to-do list. Yes, this is number one, why? Well, I am doing half of this for you if you like these Ideas at all. To-do lists exist for a reason and that’s to help you get stuff done. They organize your thoughts and help you set priorities for the rest of the day, so you can accomplish what you need to get you moving forward.
2. Plan a trip of vacation. This should be very high on your list we as hard workers almost never take a vacation day unless it is for our kids, our appointments or just need time away from work. Sometimes we will go into work on our vacation because we forgot something then spend a few hours at work. ( Sound familiar)? I hope not, in January look at your schedule and see what week or weeks that are too warm or too cold and take that vacation time and have some fun.
3. Unplug from technology I mean. We are constantly near our cell phones our laptops and even our ipads. We are always on we almost have to be to keep up to date on news, weather, sports, or what are our friends doing on Fb. The most frightening thing is that we are so attached to our phones or ipads you name it we often times miss what is right in front of us. Our families so take a day, an hour or just long enough to have a great dinner with your family, throw the ball with your kids, look up to see your spouses new hair cut. You will appreciate it the internet can wait, spend some quality time with the people right in your own home.
4. Make time for the Gym I know the holidays are tough on the belt loops, get some mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, ham, etc. Eat it up you had a long year of eating right..Right? Get your fill then in January get in that gym, home gym, or every fight the cold and go for a jog and get that belt loop back where it belongs.
5. Call up some of your family you have not heard from in awhile. Few things will make your family happier than the fact that they hear from you regularly. Even if it’s 10 minutes every Sunday, or calling up a family member on your way to work each morning, you’ll be making their life and yours a lot brighter.
6. Random acts of kindness. One day this week this month or once a year do a good deed that no one told you to do. Give some extra cash to a good cause, help out at a neighbor shovel their driveway, or make some lunches for the less fortunate. Anything that helps out someone that may need it but will never ask. Make someone smile today.
7. Save up some money for what you really want. Buying something is always fun, but it’s, even more, fun when you know it’s with money you worked really hard to get. So save for something — even if it’s small — and know that you earned it.
8. Try something new or something you have not done in awhile. This may sound like a cliche, but try something that you have not done before. Hand write a friend you have not seen in awhile. Try a new hobby, learn a new instrument “not guitar hero”. Have you tried yoga?
9. A romantic gesture. If you’re not coupled up, that’s totally OK — someday you might be and this will come in handy. Small daily gestures that show the most important person in the world how much you love them are valuable. Maybe it’s making their coffee, giving them a big kiss before work, or coming home with their favorite takeout. Whatever it is, make time for it.
10. Let it go. Don’t take life over seriously, relax! Take a deep breath, close your eyes and let it out. Feel better? I hope so. Don’t forget to stretch it will relax you in many ways.
This is just a small list of items I found looking for ideas about my person resolutions, there are so many more online you can search over hours if you want to. I hope this has helped you a bit for the new coming year.
I welcome the new year with you and hope you have a great holiday season.